- How can I get in touch with Ms. Spears? Please give me a call at 225-926-5421 or contact me by email at Kspears1@ebrschools.org.
- Can a school counselor provide individual counseling? Yes, however, I can only see students for a few sessions due to time restraints. If further help is needed, I can provide resources to counseling professionals in the Baton Rouge and surrounding areas
- What issues can you assist my student with? Social skills, self-esteem, time management, organization, career readiness, grief/lost, coping skills, conflict resolution, family changes, support,
- Are parents notified when a student visits the counselor? Parent contact is determined based on the purpose of the visit.
- Is information shared with the counselor also shared with teachers? Personal information shared with the counselor is not shared with the classroom teacher.
- How is confidentiality handled? All student information is kept in confidence accordance to the educational code and the counseling ethics. Situations jeopardizing student safety including incidents of abuse, imminent danger of self or others, sexual harassment are reported to the administrator in accordance with school policy.